Friday, February 10, 2012

Comeback Kid

So I fell off the blog-wagon. But I'm making a comeback. Starting now. Because I have pink eye and would rather relax and do something fun than be productive.

So anyway, since I am feeling like garbage, I thought a little soup might cheer me up. I bought a bunch of vegetables the other day and needed to get rid of them, so soup sounded like a good answer. I didn't really have a good recipe to follow, so I just sort of made one up:

Minestrone-ish:

Olive oil
1 clove garlic
1/4 red onion
1 bell pepper (I used yellow, but any will probably do)
1 Roma tomato
1 cup vegetable broth
1/3 cup Ditalini noodles (or bowtie or penne or whatever)
Parsley
Sea salt
Pepper

Sauté minced garlic clove in a small saucepan with olive oil over medium heat. Dice onion, bell pepper, and tomato and add to sauce pan. Once the tomato gets all soft and mushy, add the vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Add dry noodles and cook until done. Add parsley, sea salt, and pepper to taste.

And you end up with this. Sweet deliciousness.

This recipe made about two servings, but I'm probably gonna go back for that second serving right about now because it was all kinds of yummy and made me feel a little better on this dreary sick day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment